Important: A booking can only be confirmed once the deposit has been paid (or the full amount if within 30 days of arrival).
30% of rental cost is due at the time of booking.
The balance must be paid not less than 56 days prior to your arrival at the property. Bookings taken within 56 days of your arrival at the property must be paid in full at the time of booking.
If you need to cancel your booking the party leader must do so immediately in writing or by email Select Villas. Cancellation charges are as follows:
The deposit paid is non refundable: 30%
Between 60 and 30 days prior to arrival: 60% of the total rental
Less than 30 days prior to arrival: 100% of the total rental
FULL BOOKING CONDITIONS
1) The property known as Mas du Marechal (called La Maison du Gardon by Select Villas), (hereafter ‘the Property’) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the owner.
Mrs Vivienne Ghyoot and Carol Margaret Read (‘the Owner’) to the renter (‘the Client’). Select Villas will act on behalf of the Owner.
2) To reserve the property the Client should (1) complete and sign the booking form and return it to Select Villas and (2) make payment to Select Villas of the initial non-refundable deposit (30% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, Select Villas will on behalf of the Owner send an email confirmation of the booking and statement of the remaining balance. This is formal acceptance of the booking.
3) The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, Clause 4 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4) Subject to Clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owners insurance.
5) Cancellation terms:
If you need to cancel your booking the party leader must do so immediately by email to Select Villas as the Owners representative. Cancellation charges are as follows:
The deposit paid is non-refundable: 30%
Between 60 and 30 days prior to arrival: 60% of the total rental
Less than 30 days prior to arrival: 100% of the total rental.
In the event of cancellation by the guests, full payment of the rent remains due. All natural risks or epidemics preventing or prohibiting access to the property are part of the travel risks and cannot be considered as cases of force majeure to cancel the reservation free of charge. It is therefore highly recommended for guests to take out travel insurance that will cover for such events and to carefully read the various conditions of cover.
The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated unless an agreement was made beforehand.
The security deposit: 500€ (or equivalent in client’s currency) is payable by the client on arrival in cash and refunded on departure once the property has been checked.
6) The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed fourteen (a maximum of 10 adults + 4 children + 1 baby) unless the Owner has given written permission.
7) The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it as found on arrival at the end of the rental period otherwise a charge may apply and be paid locally. Cleaning is payable locally; however, guests are required to leave the Property in good condition upon departure. The Owner reserves the right to charge an additional cleaning fee to cover additional cleaning costs if the guest leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to the residents in neighbouring properties.
The customer finally undertakes to adhere to the no smoking policy of the property.
The costs of linen (sheets and towels (house and swimming pool)), water, electricity (including house and pool heating), wi-fi and tourist tax as well as preparation and maintenance of the house, the garden, the swimming pool are included in the rent.
8) The Client shall report to the House Manager without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in the Property and arrangements for repair or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
9) The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
a) for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of an equipment or appliance in the Property
b) for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner
c) for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
10) Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
11) Swimming pool: In accordance with the French regulations a pool alarm has been fitted at the swimming pool. Whatever system is in place it cannot replace human vigilance and can only be the responsibility of the guests.
This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.
Please note that these booking conditions are contractually binding between the Owner and the Client.
I am over 30 years and have read and accepted on behalf of all members of the party, the terms and conditions as provided.